Senior Leader Development Director (Alexandria, VA) NB52687221N/a, VA, US
This Senior Leader Development Director provides the design, analysis, development, and implementation of executive leadership and management curriculum programs. The Senior Leader Development Director is capable of reviewing and implementing AFSLDP portfolio design strategies and evaluating the current portfolio and assisting the AF in developing intervention design strategies. The Senior Leader Development Director has the ability to design and deliver executive leadership and management curriculum programs and monitor performance post program to assure that leaders build capabilities in leadership and management practices. The Senior Leader Development Director works effectively under pressure to changing deadlines, possess the ability to easily adapt to changing situations, and work well with executive personnel and leadership in a demanding environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate, manage, and provide oversight to the following tasks:
• analyze (supported by course critique results, competency gap assessments), recommend, develop, schedule, track, and implement senior leader programs/courses within and for the AFLDP’s portfolio
• support the improvement of current AF designated programs and/or identification of additional course requirements
• provide administrative support to the government for each course procured through the contract or by the government to include: course portfolio, logistic coordination, materials not included by the course provider, and coaching support for courses when required
• ensure course providers/sub-contractors map their curricula to the proficiency levels of the institutional sub-competencies
• assist the AF in the planning, preparing, managing, organizing, facilitating, and executing the Senior Leadership Orientation Course (SLOC) annually to support the newest group of AF General Officers (AF GOs) and Civilian Senior Executives (CSE)
• assist the AF in the planning, preparing, managing, organizing, facilitating, and executing the Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course (CCMSTC) annually to support the newest group of Command Chiefs
• assist the AF in the planning, preparing, managing, organizing, facilitating and executing the ASLDP to support the deliberate development of general officers (O-8, O-9, 0-10) and CSEs (T2 and 3)
Knowledge and Qualifications
The SL Development Director must meet the following requirements and have the following licenses and/or certifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
o Possess seven to ten years of experience working in executive development, education and training, and adult learning, and/or leader development in industry.
o Demonstrated experience developing adult education programs.
o Ability to review and analyze training portfolios to identify and develop education and training.
o Possess an understanding of military and civilian ranking structures.
o Possess familiarity with competency based senior leader development.
o Proficient in MS Office products.
o Demonstrated experience designing adult education programs.
o Demonstrated knowledge of the USAF, DoD, and/or Federal Government training standards, requirements, and records.
o Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management.
Travel is required within the local area on a continual basis and throughout the United States on a monthly basis.
Location: National Capital Region • Security Clearance Level: Current Secret Clearance