Force Development (FD) Project Manager (Alexandria, Virginia) NB52687219N/a, VA, US
This FD Project Manager provides oversight for logistics, protocol, and meeting arrangements in support of the management and development of AF senior leaders. The FD Project Manager will organize, coordinate, plan, facilitate, and make the necessary arrangements for meetings, seminars, conferences, and events in support of AF senior leader and program development activities. The FD Project Manager has demonstrable expertise in Total Force senior leader development (includes Officer, Enlisted, and Civilian development) and provides expert advice in the development coordination and implementation of policy, concepts, and guidance for AF FD). The FD Project Manager assists the customer in creating systematic, deliberate, measurable processes for targeting and achieving an effective, efficient, future senior leader force. The FD Project Manager works effectively under pressure to changing deadlines, possess the ability to easily adapt to changing situations, and work well with executive personnel and leadership in a demanding environment. The FD Project Manager works both independently and in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinate, manage, and provide oversight to the following tasks:
• provide the following support: process/course/program improvement strategies, administration of tasks common to the management teams, facilitation and hosting of major force development meetings/seminars, subject matter expertise and guidance on Force Development topics relevant to Total Force civilian, enlisted, and officer populations
• facilitate and support senior leader management including consultations, meetings, panels, boards and classification support for Civilian Senior Executive positions
• support for institutional competency assessments (360 assessments, battery of leadership assessments) including feedback coaching and follow0on coaching
• assist the customer in the planning, preparing, managing, organizing, facilitating, and executing the General Officer Transition Assistance Program (GO TAP) and Civilian Senior Executive (CSE) Transition Seminar
• assist the AF in the planning, preparing, managing, organizing, facilitating and executing the ASLDP to support the deliberate development of general officers (O-8, O-9, 0-10) and CSEs (T2 and 3)
Knowledge and Qualifications
The FD Project Manager must meet the following requirements and have the following certifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Possess five or more (5+) years of:
o Demonstrated experience planning and coordinating major executive level meetings and/or major conferences and events.
o Ability to manage, track, and coordinate a wide range of actions, arrangements, and tasks through completion to include demonstrated experience planning (long range), setting priorities, organizing, delegating, and executing, and translating requirements into project plans and milestones as well as directing and implementing plans to meet deadlines.
o Demonstrated experience in leading processing re-engineering efforts (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, AFSO21).
o Demonstrated experience analyzing requirements, developing and implementing strategic planning actions and making recommendations concerning the direction of the agency’s efforts to include the ability to develop long-range AF force development and senior leader training plans and strategies.
o Ability to organize information, write and communicate clearly in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
o Ability to manage, track and coordinate a wide range of actions, documents, and tasks through completion.
o Possess well developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to liaise effectively at senior levels.
o Possess an understanding of military and civilian ranking structures and protocol matters.
o Proficient in MS Office products.
Travel is required within the local area on a continual basis and throughout the United States on a monthly basis.
Location: National Capital Region • Security Clearance Level: Current Secret Clearance