Database Analyst I - Scott AFB, ILScott Afb, IL, US
- Supports the development, documentation, and tracking of measurements and metrics relevant to the ALP’s.
- Will be a member of the Global Information Grid Services Management (GSM) OSS Network Management System (NMS) team performing Data Analysis (DA) on Configuration Management (CM) data for nine plus Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Element Management Systems (EMS) for the Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) and five special interest systems.
- Audit, manipulate, join, and import raw source data using advanced functions of various Microsoft 2000 applications.
- Maintain detailed procedures to perform database troubleshooting and updates.
- Interface with GSM OSS EMS data contacts for problem resolution on specific network data.
- Planning, control and compliance for configuration control of NMS databases, graphs, and rules.
- Performs analysis of source data in CSV, MS Excel 2010, and other common formats.
- Builds database loader file updates based on multi-source analysis. Coordinates with Tier III on new source additions to the Global Integrated Network Management System (GINMS).
- Conducts research using CM databases to validate data. Performs data quality assurance and adapts to data format changes when required.
- Recommends enhancements after detailed software and design specifications analysis.
- Basic understanding of networking which can be either IP or optical.
- Experience in one or more of the following: IP routing, QoS, traffic engineering, DNS; ATM switching; TDM switching; Optical; Crypto; Network appliances (WAN acceleration, etc) is desirable to understand source data.
- Must be able to support Government requirements by analyzing, engineering, developing or utilizing hardware, software, and communications, as required.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel for maintaining data tables.
Knowledge of Access 2003 and SQL 2005 or SQL 2008 required.
- DISA Global Operations background is desirable in understanding GINMS operations world-wide.
- Experience with Kratos Networks NeuralStar (GINMS) a plus.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio, Visual Basic, VB.Net, Python and C++ are helpful.
- Preferred: MCP for Office2003 or MCDBA
Ability to work in a team focused, dynamic environment
Attention to detail is critical
Ability to perform in-depth research
Works under immediate supervision as primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
Must satisfy both preparatory and sustaining Department of Defense (DoD) standard training and certification requirements as a condition of privileged access to any DoD information system.
Final DoD Secret clearance required to start (Top Secret clearance initiated once hired)
May require a bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related area and 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Work is generally performed in a normal office environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions.
Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary.
Travel may be required.