To properly view the application site, you must be using Internet Explorer
Lead Technician, Audio/Visual (AV) Installations – Omaha, NE
Offutt Afb, NE, US
Our Serco C5ISR team is working with the Naval Information Warfare Center (NIWC) to design and install mission critical Audio/Video (AV) and Information Technology (IT) systems in the build-out of a Command & Control Facility (C2F) for the U.S. military at Offutt AFB, NE. Serco’s work supports the maintenance and enhancement of mission operations and communications systems used by U.S. military personnel for various strategic missions.
This is an opportunity to work alongside dedicated colleagues doing critically important and rewarding work. We take pride in providing the highest quality service to our U.S. military customers. Serco’s C5ISR programs provide the latitude to learn and develop through meaningful experience. Our passion for making a difference everyday has resulted in Serco being named Forbes ‘Best Large Employer.’
Our current C5ISR opportunities include:
- Potential incentive pay options
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Temporary Duty (TDY) assignment options with travel, per diem, and accommodations included
- Permanent transfer options with relocation packages included
- The AV/PITCO/Installation Technician 5 oversees all aspects of Pre-Installation Test and Check-Out (PITCO), installation, termination and testing of cabling, infrastructure, and Audio Visual (AV) equipment in a new Command and Control (C2) Facility.
- This is a working lead position, with the lead actively participating in all required work.
- Oversight and work participation includes but is not limited to: AV equipment and cabling installation and mounting.
- Leads the installation, termination, testing, mounting, cable routing and dressing processes for AV signal, power, network and control system cabling.
- Maintains the accuracy of installed cabling and consistency of labeling applicable to those cables (i.e. the correct labels are affixed to all cables) during the installation process.
- Checks all AV installation work for quality and compliance with Installation Design Plans, SPAWAR and Industry standards.
- This includes validating drawing package details, red-lining as appropriate, for all connections needed to complete the final installation.
- Ensures the installation directions of the Government project engineer for the system are implemented and provides day to day direction to their installation team.
- Follows and adheres to all relevant guidance documentation.
- Delivers a completed installed space, with all installation materials removed, equipment properly mounted and cabling installed, tested, dressed and neat so that life-cycle sustainment cost is reduced.
- May involve work outside of normal duty hours.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications:
- Minimum active SECRET clearance; preference given to candidates holding Top Secret w/ SSBI
- Must have current AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist – Installer (CTS-I) Certification
- Background in AV pre-installation, test and check-out (PITCO) and installation of the equipment in final locations
- Six (6) years’ experience preparing, conducting and performing pre-installation testing of Audio Video systems
- Six (6) years’ experience installing project with a budget in excess of $100,000 that includes system designed and installed to support classified data transmission and processing
- Six (6) years’ experience interpreting and correcting red-line as-built documents
- Six (6) years’ experience identifying and correcting installation errors like incorrect wiring or standards violation
- Total twelve (12) years of practical experience as an installer of Shore C4ISR equipment for the Department of Defense and/or major telecommunications services or equipment providers.
- The experience must include at least six years of experience installing C4ISR equipment for the Department of Defense and include at least three years of experience working on US Navy Shore C4ISR installations.
Must have one of the following:
- Associates Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, or Information Technology or,
- Completed four (4) years of U.S. military service with one of the following technical ratings Electronics Technician with Advanced Training, Interior Communication (IC) with Advanced Training, Information System Technician (IT), Radioman (RM) (legacy rating), or Data System Technician (DS) (legacy rating) or,
- Completed of a formal two year or more contractor apprenticeship in a related field that included at least six months of formal classroom training that addressed electrical circuit theory, electromagnetic radiation, and other disciplines related to C4ISR installations.
- Current CPR Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Effectively lead a crew of other installers in the completion of single site installations
- Demonstrate and apply a thorough knowledge of the Appendix AC of the Shore Installation Process Handbook
- Effectively brief site personnel on the installation status and on future plans for completing the installation
- Understand and correctly red-line as-built drawings
- Locate and correct installation errors like standards violations and incorrect wiring
- This position supports a U.S. Government Contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens
Employment Type Full time
Career Level Mid Career
Job ID 52583211
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
Functional AreaIT Infrastructure
DepartmentSerco’s C5ISR business unit supports all branches of the U.S. military as they look to extend the life of critical legacy weapons systems and sensors, while seamlessly integrating these systems with the latest C5I environments. We support major transformation initiatives to deliver total situational awareness from the command center to the warfighter on the front line. We are focused on the design, systems engineering, project management, procurement, installation, training, testing, and field maintenance of these systems.
To properly view the application site, you must be using Internet Explorer