Facility Assistant III NC52692743Herndon, VA, US
Responsible for assisting in the daily activities related to the overall operation of the corporate facilities function. Primary responsibilities are at the Herndon, VA corporate office and Herndon, VA warehouse, but could include direct support to other local Serco facilities and remote support for any facility in the Serco portfolio.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide general overall facility services, including continuous monitoring of the facility for operational, maintenance and cleanliness issues.
• Respond to facility related inquiries, requests, complaints, etc. and assess issues and take appropriate action.
• Coordinate with building property management, outside vendors and/or contractors for the maintenance and repair of equipment or building systems as needed.
• Become knowledgeable with facilities related systems, processes and equipment.
• Be able to perform basic user level maintenance facilities equipment (copier/printer, water/ice, coffee, etc.)
• Coordinate and assist with internal moves and set up of new hires.
• Coordinate conference room requirements including set up changes, clean up, and support with food and beverage set up/breakdown needs.
• Manage storage and disposition of furniture and other facilities related storage requirements at warehouse. Maintain organization, cleanliness and inventory of items in storage.
• Coordinate, schedule and track recycling of electronics and other recyclables as needed.
• Maintain facilities storage areas, monitor inventories and order supplies as necessary.
• Track, maintain, order, and stock consumable items to include coffee supplies, office supplies, cleaning supplies, copier paper and supplies, etc.
• Crosstrain and provide back-up support for reception
• Crosstrain and provide back-up support for all mailroom/shipping/receiving functions.
• Learn Facilities Accounts Payable invoice process system (pre-processor) and provide administrative support processing invoices.
• Learn and support card access security system.
• Install/uninstall various facilities items which may include key board trays, white boards, hang pictures/artwork/posters/bulletin boards.
• Provide general administrative support tracking vendors, invoices, maintenance contracts, keeping files updated.
• Ability to drive company vehicles and transport supplies, furniture, equipment as necessary.
Knowledge and experience
• Previous building services/facilities experience preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Previous customer service experience required
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
• Ability to work with hand tools
• Ability to lift 50lbs without assistance
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Open to new duties, responsibilities and change.
• Ability to flex schedule as needs arise.
• Able to work an occasional weekend or evening if necessary.