TMC Operator I- Austin, TX NC52683011Austin, TX, US
• Use ITS software to control and monitor field devices s uch as CCTV cameras, DMS, traffic detectors, LCS and any other technology relat ed to devices that may be implemented as part of the ITS.
• Monitor videoi mages for the detection and verification of accidents, debris, abandoned or dis abled vehicles, and hazardous or non-hazardous spills.
• Use ITS software to log potential and confirmed incidents, construction and maintenance closure
• Monitor ITS software system-generated response plans, and accept or manually override them as necessary.
• Possess English-language writing sk ills necessary to compose clear and concise sentences that include all pertinen t information without spelling or grammatical errors.
• Use radio, telepho n
e, and e-mail to communicate with TXDOT personnel statewide, including maint enance and construction personnel, ITS software technicians, TXDOT management,
• Department of Public Safety, and Federal Highway Administration as appropri ate, regarding incidents, traffic, road, maintenance and construction activity, and related weather conditions.
• Dispatch and communicate with Highway E mergency Response Operator (HERO) incident management personnel via radio, tele phone, or computer aided dispatch using standard protocol to the locations of r oad hazards and accidents, providing clear directions to the location and an ac cur
ate description of an incident as advised by citizens, public safety entit ies,or department personnel.
• Provide information or assistance to motori sts, TXDOT personnel, or other agencies on traffic and road conditions; direct call
s to appropriate personnel in traffic operations or take action as necess ary.
• Perform record keeping, logging of required information, equipment checks, data gathering, and updating of manuals and contact lists.
• Updat e messages on ATIS, once activated.
• Answer all after-hour calls for the TXDOTAustin District, documenting communication and dispatching the necessary p ersonnel.
• Perform all duties with the highest level of customer service.
• Complete required training and semi-annual performance evaluations.
• Be prepared to work additional hours or shifts in support of special events such as, but not limited to, Presidential visits, political rally’s, parades, Austi
n Triathlon, Marathon and Half Marathon (Feb), South by Southwest (Mar), RodeoAustin (Mar), Austin Film Festival (May/Jun), Republic of Texas (ROT) Bik er Rally (Jun), University of Texas home football games (Fall), Formula One rac es, and Austin City Limits (Sep/Oct).
• Use radio, telephone, and e-mails to communicate with law enforcement, EMS, fire department, or towing services t o provide clear and accurate information regarding incidents and the response r equired.
• Ensure that all radio communications are in compliance with TXD OT and FCC radio protocol using the proper 10-codes.
Requirements & Qualif icatio
• Have the knowledge and skills to utilize and operate ITS sof tware, web-based and software applications, as well as utilize programs to mana ge and monitor ITS field devices
• Have the ability to work in a fast-pace d and high-pressure environment.
• Have the skills to prioritize tasks.
• Have customer service focused attitude and excellent communication skills, both in person and radio/phone.
• Have completed TXDOT training and have a minimu
m of 0-2 year TMC experience.
• Be fluent in English with the ability to receive, give and understand written and oral instructions.
Note: Fluent Spanish with the ability to receive, give, and understand written and o ral instructions is a preferred additional skill.
• Not use personal multi-me dia or communication devices (i.e., portable radios, cell phones, CD players, M P3 players) while performing services for TXDOT unless furnished by the vendor to facilitate communication with TXDOT or the vendor.
• Requires a high sc hool diploma or its equivalent with at least 0-2 years of experience in the fie ld or in a related area.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedure
s within a particular field.
• Relies on experience and judgme nt to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Works under general supervision. Work is generally performed in a normaloffice environment where there is minimal exposure to unpleasant and /or hazardous working conditions. Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary. Travel may be required.