HERO Operator NC52663121Austin, TX, US
• Have successfully completed all necessary SSP Operator training requirements to be certified as a SSP Operator.
• Exhibit personality traits that enable them to remain calm and prioritize tasks during chaotic and stressful situations.
• Be able to walk unassisted a minimum of 300 yards, access the underside of vehicles, lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Pass a criminal history check and drug test
• Have no major traffic offenses (e.g., reckless driving, driving under the influence of intoxicants, failing to perform the duties of a driver, criminal driving while suspended or revoked, fleeing or attempt to elude a police officer) in the last 24 months.
• Have no felony revocation of driving privileges or felony or misdemeanor driver license suspension within the last 24 months.
• Have no careless driving conviction in the last 12 months.
• Have no more than one moving traffic violation in the last 12 months. Have no more than two moving violations on driving record within the past three years.
• Monitoring the safety of roadways with regard to vehicle crashes, disabled/abandoned vehicles, debris, and lane-closing events, traffic signal malfunctions, damage to equipment and large materials on state roadways, and general incident/congestion scenarios.
• Provides roadside assistance to stranded motorists (including changing tires, giving battery jumps, providing fuel, removing debris from the travel lanes, etc.)
• Works closely with other first responders at highway incidents.
• Provides incident response, on-scene traffic control and limited first aid
• Provides Traffic Incident Management services
• Accepts personal responsibility of all work output in the SSP vehicle
• Is aware that position is subject to shift work including overnight, weekends, and holidays
All team members shall:
• Have the knowledge to develop and implement the service requirements necessary in this solicitation.
• Preferably be able to speak and write basic Spanish with the ability to receive, give, and understand written and oral instructions.
• Not be intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance or medical prescription or any other drug that causes impairment anytime while working in a facet under the described SSP contract…. To include, but not be limited to:
o Not have the smell of alcoholic beverages while on duty.
o Not ingest alcoholic beverages within eight hours of coming on duty.
o Not possess or use any illegal drugs or illegally use any drug while employed.
o Adhere to all prescription medication instructions as related to driving or operating machinery.
o Not be allowed to work when impaired in anyway which will result in the immediate and permanent removal of any personnel reporting to work in an impaired state as referenced above.
• Possess a valid Driver License acceptable in the state of Texas.
• Have no Driving under Influence (DUI) or Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) incidents on driving record within the past three years.
• Not use personal multi-media devices while performing services for TxDOT unless furnished by the vendor to facilitate communication with TxDOT or the vendor.