HERO Dispatcher - El Paso, TX NC52605083N/a, TX, US
HERO Dispatchers are responsible for the monitoring of the roadways including detecting, confirming, updating and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic incidents in the geographical coverage area. HERO Dispatchers are also responsible for using radio, telephone, and e-mail to communicate with TxDOT personnel state wide, including maintenance and construction personnel, ITS software technicians, TxDOT management, Department of Public Safety, and Federal Highway Administration as appropriate, regarding incidents, traffic, road, maintenance and construction activity, and related weather conditions.
Dispatchers must successfully complete the initial training program under the supervision of, and monitored by, the Training Supervisor and Program Manager. They must then continue to perform acceptably as they acquire additional knowledge and skills through “on-the-job” training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to monitor video images for the detection and verification of crashes, debris, abandoned or disabled vehicles, and hazardous or non-hazardous spills.
• Ability to use ITS software to log potential and confirmed incidents, construction and maintenance closures.
• Ability to dispatch and communicate with Highway Emergency Response Operator (HERO) personnel via radio or telephone using standard protocol to the locations of road hazards and crashes, providing clear directions to the location and an accurate description of an incident as advised by citizens, public safety entities, or department personnel.
• Ability to provide information or assistance to motorists, TxDOT personnel, or other agencies on traffic and road conditions; direct calls to appropriate personnel in traffic operations or take action as necessary.
• Ability to use English language writing skills necessary to perform clear and concise record keeping, logging of required information, equipment checks, data gathering, and updating of manuals and contact lists that include all pertinent information without spelling or grammatical errors.
• Ability to clearly communicate technical information in layman’s terms.
• Be prepared to work additional hours or shifts in support of special events
• Ability and willingness to work alternate work, shift schedules, and be on-call 24 hours/day.
• Be fluent in English with the ability to receive, give and understand written and oral instructions. Note: Fluent Spanish with the ability to receive, give, and understand written and oral instructions is a preferred additional skill.
• Knowledge of communications and disseminating information via multiple communications devices.
• Perform all duties with the highest level of customer service.
HERO Dispatcher - Requires a High School diploma and 0-1 year’s relevant experience.
Employment Type: Full time
Career Level: Entry Level
**Serco Inc. is using this posting for the purpose responding to a proposal. We are seeking qualified candidates in the event of a contract award. This position is not currently funded/active. Should Serco be awarded the contract, and you meet the qualifications of the position, you will be considered in the selection process.**